This Probiotic Supplement is specially formulated and processed to provide a precise mixture of 8 bacterial species with a synergistic relationship, to improve immunity, gut and skin health.
Why Probiotics for the Skin
Although probiotics may exert their effect locally when applied or ingested, they influence the immune regulation, and hence their effects often extend to other organs such as the skin. Probiotics are thought to play a role in the treatment of acne, and protection against ageing and photodamage.
- Probiotics are an emerging therapy to reduce or prevent the effects of UV-induced skin damage. In hairless mice, the oral administration of bifidobacterium breve prevented UV-induced transepidermal water loss compared to mice receiving placebo.
- Additionally, the administration of bifidobacterium breve suppressed the UV-induced increase in hydrogen peroxide levels, oxidation of proteins, and xanthine oxidase activity in the skin (Ishii et al., 2014).
These findings suggest that oral administration of probiotics may help to alleviate UV-induced barrier changes and oxidative stress in the skin.
Skin Barrier Protection
- Rosacea and atopic dermatitis are other skin conditions in which the skin barrier is impaired, and symptoms improve when the skin barrier is strengthened.
- Oral ingestion of certain probiotic strains has been shown to improve the skin barrier, increase skin hydration and reduce transepidermal water loss.
- Gueniche et al. (2014) studied the effects of oral supplementation with Lactobacillus paracasei NCC2461 for healthy female volunteers via a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial. A capsaicin test was used to monitor skin sensitivity, while transepidermal water loss and dermatological assessments were utilized to measure skin barrier function. Both skin sensitivity and skin barrier function improved in the probiotic group. The probiotic group also showed increases in the serum concentration of TGF-beta after 29 days compared to no increase in the placebo group. TGF-beta has been shown to play a significant role in skin integrity (Hashimoto, 2000, Pasonen-Seppanen et al., 2003).
This Probiotic Supplement is a high potency probiotic for restoring and maintaining a healthy gut. It contains 8 strains of live, freeze-dried lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria. Each capsule contains at least 112.5 billion lyophilized bacteria.
Strains of bacteria
Streptococcus thermophilus DSM 24731
Bifidobacterium breve DSM 24732
Bifidobacterium longum DSM 24736
Bifidobacterium infantis DSM 24737
Lactobacillus acidophilus DSM 24735
Lactobacillus plantarum DSM 24730
Lactobacillus paracasei DSM 24733
Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus DSM 24734
Take 1-8 capules daily or as directed by the doctor.